Benefits of Membership
YPLC Members are exposed to limitless opportunities to grow their networks and engage in the community, all while developing professionally and personally.
YPLC hosts monthly social events giving members the opportunity to network and make connections.
Social events include:
- Unwind after 5 - Third Thursday Social Hour every month at participating locations
- Holiday Celebration - Toy Donations are collected with Holiday Cheers
- Annual Spring Gala - YPLC's Annual Exclusive Cocktail Event
YPLC strives to serve the community and to learn more about how members can get involved to make a difference.
Community Involvement opportunities include:
- Annual collection of items to donate to local charities at Christmas
- Non-Profit tours hosted by United Way of Loudon County
- Mentorship to children in identified areas of the community
- Participation in various events and existing programs in Loudon County
Members are given the opportunity to develop professionally and personally.
Professional Development programming and events include:
- Quarterly YPLC Membership Meet-Ups featuring various Professional Development Programs and Topics
- Annual Headshot Photo event to update professional headshots
- Behind the Scenes Industry Tours at participating Loudon County Industries
Civic engagement is important to the group's success and outlook into the future.
YPLC's Lunch with Community Leaders series features a specific government or public entity giving members the opportunity to engage with elected officials and public community leaders.
YPLC Membership Committees
Social Networking – YPLC will host regular meetings and social events encouraging members to socialize while expanding and diversifying their networks. The Social Engagement Committee will plan and direct YPLC social events while providing an energetic, fun, and positive atmosphere for members.
Professional Development & Membership –YPLC members will be given the opportunity to increase their knowledge in topics that are seen as most valuable to the organization. The Professional Development and Membership Committee will assess the needs of existing and potential members while developing ways to support members within the professional/leadership development arena.
Community Involvement – Members will be exposed to philanthropic and community service opportunities that are organized by YPLC’s Community Involvement Committee. This committee will interact and share the needs of our organization and community in order to direct and supervise all community service, fundraising, involvement, and awareness projects.
Civic Engagement – Members will be given the resources to strengthen their government relations in the community while maintaining strong connections with elected/appointed officials and public entities. The Civic Engagement Committee will provide a non-partisan basis for YPLC to act on local, county, regional, state and federal issues while developing ways to strengthen the connection between YPLC members and government/public entities.