Lifestyle & Activities
- Two active Parks and Recreation programs with many youth and adult activities:
- Public Swimming Pools
- Miles of walking trails and several municipal parks with activities for all ages
- Dog Parks located in both Lenoir City and the City of Loudon
- Area recreational opportunities include hiking, biking, fishing, camping, climbing, rafting, canoeing, kayaking, sailing, swimming, sporting events, and activities.
On the Water
- Historic downtown districts with specialty shops and eateries
- Several arts, crafts, and music festivals throughout the year
- Historic downtown theatre, The Lyric Theatre
- Downtown Knoxville has many cultural amenities located within a short 30-minute drive of Loudon County. Some of the amenities and activities include art and cultural museums, the Knoxville Zoo, orchestra, opera, ballet, musical venues, and international cultural centers.
National, regional, and independently owned retailers are located in shopping centers throughout Loudon County. Located conveniently to urban shopping malls and shopping centers in the Knoxville area.
- Loudon County’s main commercial corridor is located along U.S. Highway 321 in Lenoir City. Commercial business within Lenoir City continues to grow with new shopping and dining opportunities. Historic downtown Lenoir City also offers several shopping and dining alternatives.
- The City of Loudon, the County seat, is a growing commercial area, especially in their revitalized historic downtown business district. Highway 72 in Loudon also serves as a main growing commercial corridor for more national and regional commercial businesses.
- Being adjacent to West Knoxville offers residents of Loudon County the convenience of urban shopping within a very short drive from all areas of the County. Turkey Creek and the Town of Farragut offer a wealth of shopping and dining experiences.
- The City of Maryville is a short drive from all areas of Loudon County via U.S. Highway 321 or U.S. Highway 411. Maryville has a variety of shopping and dining alternatives including Foothills Mall.
- Outlet Shopping: Located in less than an hour drive from Loudon County, the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area offers many outlet shopping, dining, and entertainment opportunities. Over 100 brand-name outlet stores are located along Highway 441 in Sevier County.